Monday, January 4, 2010

A Splendid Holiday

Well, We are back in Dallas after a wonderful Christmas vacation. The family and I left 11 days ago for Grandma and Grandpa's house to spend Christmas with them and then New Years in our house back home. So excited to be getting a break after a LONG 4 months in our current city!!!! In hind sight the word that describes our time away is SPLENDID!
Time with Grandma and Grandpa was not our normal rushing here and there being wonderfully entertained, but calm and relaxed enjoying one another. Talking, playing a few games, watching movies, playing in the snow, taking walks with my husband, sleeping, eating and hugging our children were all accomplished. I smile when I think of it and it makes me happy.
After leaving G& G's house we headed to our house back home. We hadn't seen it in 4 months and that was so strange but so comforting to see most things just as they were when I left. I left so stressed and full of anxiety and I returned relaxed and full of hope. It was 2 o'clock New Years afternoon and I was home in my house!!!! I was so excited to be there but even more excited to see my friends! My PEEPs that I have missed so much.
Viv brought Nana to play with E and A. Nana spent the night so E was on "cloud nine". She, like myself, was so excited to see her friends Nana and K.E.. Viv was precious as always! I miss her sooooo much too. What a blessing she was to my family last year. She is now a sweet friend.
Aunt S & Uncle J were bringing "campfire chili" and chicken cheese nachos for dinner and ringing in the new year with us. They even brought fireworks for the kids. Let's give credit where credit is due. Aunt S was the inspiration behind the sparklers and bottle rockets. I invited Aunt K and Uncle T and Les and B too. I wanted to be with them all. Wrap up all my "girls" in my arms and tell them how much they mean to me!!!!! How life IS so much more fun and wonderful and meaningful with them in it. Sus and W had plans so I knew they wouldn't make it, but wanted them there too. The evening was wonderful! Food, Friends and Fun. I think I talked every ones ears off. LOL
Next day was a blast too! Spent the afternoon and evening languishing with drinks, dinner and sweet Aunt K and her family : ) We were so honored to be a part of their relaxing New Years day. We laughed, talked, ate, played with the children and watched football! What a great day!
Saturday was a family day. Off to our favorite tourist trap and lunch at my favorite Cuban restaurant. So relaxed! Sunday was a little dose of reality. Big D, as my Dad calls him, had to head back out West for work on Monday. So after breakfast and folding laundry we headed to the airport. Vacation was drwaing to a close, but I wasn't letting it end just yet.
E and A and I spent about an hour visiting with E's piano teacher and my sweet friend TM. As we were about to leave Andrew chucks a marble inside TM's 30 year old, newly refurbished Grand Piano! It immediately finds one of very few holes and disappears into the abyss underneath the Pianos strings. I was mortified!!!!!!!! Maybe this will be one thing we laugh about years from now. Today it's not so funny : (
Sus met us at the house around 6:30 or so with "The Loop". Love that Tomato Bisque! We ate, played scrabble and talked all evening. I think cookies were part of the evening too.
Monday morning reality struck it's hard blow. The alarm went off and I wanted to scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!!! I was warm and comfy in my Temperpedic and I wanted to stay there. As A would say " Me No Go " Well I prayed and was comforted when I thought of my sweet children in CBS and how I have been called to be their teacher this year. Funny that this was my motivation to return to D. It is a calling by God. Ok so the day had started and I couldn't stop it from happening. I quickly perpared everything so I could spend as much time as possible with Aunt K and my God Daughter G. They were coming over for some last minute "gab". All was accomplished and K and I were able to have more "girl gab". Off to do errands and then Lunch at Al's with my Sista from anotha motha, S . A quick lunch and more wonderful "girl gab" and then off to the airport.
All this adds up to a Splendid ended Vacation!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Munchkin said...

wow! I'm exhausted just reading-ha! but relaxing indeed it was! So glad you got to come home and refresh your soul, if only for a few days. See you soon!

Sunny said...

You were a busy bee over the holidays. I'm so glad you came home and it felt good. I wanted you to feel a sense of relief while you were here. Can't wait to see you for your birfy!